Monday, January 15, 2007

The Best Room I Ever Had

Welcome to the best room I ever had....

So here's the story....
I "got to" share a room with my younger brother Zack for my entire life up to last summer. This room once had a tile floor and was kind of the overflow room where all the junk that didn't have a place would get put. At the beginning of the summer last year my parents said that if I cleaned it out I could move in there. After much persuasion I finally got my parents to let me move most of the junk in there into our garage. After shampooing some old carpet we had I got my Dad to help me lay the carpet in there then I moved in. I do not think it is coincidence that around this time my grandmother had just moved into a new house in Springville and had a few things she didn't need anymore, including a queen sized waterbed which became mine, at least for now. After filling all seven of the tubes for the waterbed by myself and getting it all set up I spent about half a day moving my stuff in there. I consider myself very blessed to have a room like this...
BYU Dartboard that I got from my grandma for my birthday. Very entertaining.

A Map of the World that has pins in it for every missionary I know.

Bullitin Board that I got from my sweet awesome brother Zack last Christmas.

A large picture of a blue corvette. The nicest car in the world.

Rolltop desk that I use for school stuff.

Pictures of my Dad's. Cool stuff.

The biggest and bluest and most comfortable chair in the world, and it's mine. My dear mother bought it at a yard sale for ten bucks and decided to give it to me. In the background is my dresser which I also got for free.

My waterbed. Sooo comfortable, but notice I have three blankets on there, my room gets really really cold at night.

Quote wall. Containing thirty pages of the best quotes ever.

My "Title of Liberty." Good stuff.

This is my nightstand that my Dad made in a woods class at BYU. Shown on the nightstand: Clock, Ipod, Cell Phone, Sister's Ipod, Statue of Jesus Christ with "The Living Christ" behind it, Wal-Mart Giftcard, Missionary Journal and pen, Duty to God award, Telescope lenses, and lamp with fortunes from fortune cookies on it. There is a BYU pennant in the background that I also got for my birthday from my grandma. I love my nightstand.

This is the bottom shelf of the nightstand. Here I have put my yearbooks, last years journals, and other great books.

My "Missionary Desk" that I use for studying the scriptures and other good stuff like Preach My Gospel. I got this desk and the chair for free when one Saturday one of my best friends, Murphy, called me to see if I could help him move some of his relatives. I went to help them, and they said that they were just going to throw that desk and the chair away and said I could have it and it fit perfectly in my room. It is not coincidence that I got this desk.

My snowboard, which provides me with hours of fun up at Sundance.


My Telescope that I got for Christmas. Provides me with hours of fun gazing at the stars.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger dalene said...

best part is--it's clean!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Geo said...

What a fabulous personal space. Luke = faithful, grateful, and organized. Those are some great qualities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home