Friday, January 19, 2007

It changed my life, It will change yours

I have thought long and hard and I have decided that life rocks....really, right now my life is amazing. It wasn't always this way though.

I'm sure that I can look through my life and see a few things that have changed me into who I am today, but the one thing I know that I would be nowhere without is the Book of Mormon. I am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I have the best parents a kid could ever hope for, and don't deserve them sometimes, and I acknowledge that I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for them, but the Book of Mormon is not something that was already there like my parents were. I had to discover it for myself.

Before I began reading the Book of Mormon I was just...not happy at all. I felt like I had no friends, like I was an outcast, and I was always scared of things like death, people, being without my parents, lots of stuff. At about age 13 I began reading the Book of Mormon for the first time, but wasn't mature enough to understand it or get anything out of it, and it took me over two years to finally finish. As I read through it the first time my life gradually got better, and by the time I finished it at about age 15 things were going pretty well. I would not have finished it the first time had it not been for Divine Guidance when my Bishop issued a challenge to my ward to read it. By the beginning of my Sophomore year at Provo High I was addicted to this book, and I still am. I was on my way to finishing it a second time when again by Divine Guidance the Prophet of the LDS church, Gordon B. Hinckley issued a challenge to the entire church to read it again and I completed that challenge. And yet a third time, by Divine Guidance we were studying the Book of Mormon in seminary that year and I was put into the classes of two of the most amazing men I have ever known, Brother Goss (semester one), and Brother Laing (semester two). They changed my life forever. After finishing President Hinckley's challenge to read it, having read it twice already, I made a goal to read it two times in 2006 and I completed that goal. I have now read the Book of Mormon four times and I am currently on my fifth time reading it.

I have come a long way since I first discovered the Book of Mormon almost five years ago. Because of the Book of Mormon today I am very successful in school, and happy to be there. My life has purpose and meaning, and I find that I can be happy no matter what is going on. I have more friends than I can count, and I am blessed to be best friends with some of the best people in the world. I have a wonderful room of my own, a car of my own, and a wonderful home to live in with an awesome family. I know now that I am loved beyond anything I will ever comprehend. Now I actually look forward to death, I love being with people and talking to them, and I know that I can and will survive without my parents.

So what is so great about this book that it so drastically changed my life? To know for yourself and experience a change of your own you must read it and pray to God to know that it is true. That is all I did. That is the secret to my success. I know that if you read it and pray about it then you will experience the same change that I did. If you want to get a copy of the Book of Mormon please click here.

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Geo said...

Wow, that is powerful, Luke. Your words ring true—I know you're speaking from your heart. You are my new hero. (BTW, I'm a friend of your mom's.)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah. Luke, you rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home